"The Menalto": a Modern Cottage
Plan ID: A401
The Basics: 930 Square feet | 2 Bedrooms | 2 Bath | 0 Garage stalls |1 Levels
Plan cost: Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing this plan.
This is a ship-tight little home, economical in layout but ambitious in its dynamic, contemporary aesthetic. Within this compactly-designed area, unique design features push our sense of each space outward and sometimes upward, with natural light suffusing all.
"Cottages" have tended to be the exclusive domain of traditional design--Craftsman, Tudor, Storybook, etc.; this home provides an intriguing alternative to the conventional.
Note also that this is one of our "add-on" plans: This home may be your starter home, and where time and budget permits can be added onto, per our B401 plan, to become a two-story, 2118 sq. ft. home, with garage.
- Dramatic contemporary design within economical footprint
- Warm, organic minimalism: Wood & other natural materials used within cutting-edge aesthetic
- Corner bay windows: Unique corner cantilever for window seats, with skylight above
- Clerestory corner windows above kitchen, and small windows b/w upper and lower kitchen cabinets
- Open, light-filled floor plan with contemporary detailing
- May be expanded to 2118 square foot home (see plan B401)